Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Camouflage With Powderflage

Have you ever had a beauty product, that you first didn't care much for but eventally learned to like it? For me, Benefit's Powderflage is a product like that. Before I purchased it, I went through a couple of reviews and my feelings about this powder concealer were, well, mixed. Some people liked it and some didn't really see the point of a product like this one. So I was a bit hesitant about buying it. Eventually I made up my mind after seeing one of Tiffany D's videos on YouTube (of MakeUpByTiffanyD), where she spoke of Powderflage as one of her 2009's favorite make-up products. 


After I got Powderflage into my hands and tried it on, I wasn't very impressed. I applied it on my regular cream concealer and I didn't see a difference (I normally applied a small amount of my regular powder on that area). But since I already had it bought, I started to use it every day - just to not have it lying around unused. I was happy with the results, but I didn't think that it was  a necessary product to have. 

One morning, as I was going through my make-up routine and I couldn't find the small pink ball, so I just used my face powder again instead of that. And that's when I spotted the difference. The face powder with it's structure, that is not so fine as Powderflage, suddenly felt very heavy and misplaced and I realised, that Powderflage really does what it's supposed to do. 

Having said that, I wouldn't use Powderfage as the only concealer - without another one cream concealer underneath. My undereye circles are too visible to be solved with a barely-there pinkish powder. But I find Powderflage to be a great powder to set my cream concealer (YSL Touche Éclat, Revlon Colorstay...) thanks to its light structure and somehow brightening effect.

Powderflage comes with a little fan brush to aplly the powder with, but I don't use it. Instead, I've got this blending brush from Coastal Scents that is a tad too big for my eyelids, but works really well for this purpose. 

So Powderflage and me, we are friends now ;-). 

If you have a product or two that you originally didn't like but eventually found out it was a really good one, I'd love to hear about it :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment