Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Monday, 11 October 2010

NAKED from Urban Decay

Although I am not afraid to experiment with colours, when it comes to make-up, there is something in me that makes me attracted to all the nude colours. It is the same “power“ that forces me (yes, it's not me, it's the "power" :-)) to buy all the eyeshadows, that can be called browns, caramels, camels, cappucinos, taupes (oh, yes, taupes) and golds.  That’s why I have bought the NAKED eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay, even though it would probably not be very difficult to find dupes (of at least some) of these twelve shades in my make-up collection.

This also indicates how I would describe this palette. The colours are beautiful, very wearable, able to create a very office-approved look as well as a dramatic smoky eye, but you probably already have one or another of them in your make-up stash. Having said that, I still don’t regret I purchased the palette. The colours are really pretty and the palette comes in handy e. g. when you have to travel and don’t want to carry a bulky make-up bag around. 
 

 
I have to say, that an artificial lamp light in the store,where I got my palette tricked me a bit into thinking, that some of the shades had violet undertones in them (like Sidecar or Toasted). But no, that is not the case.
 
From left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked photographed with flash in the daylight:



From left to right: Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal photographed with flash in the daylight:
 

 
The palette comes with a double-sided eye pencil in black and brown. This is my first pencil eyeliner from Urban Decay and I have to say I like how smoothly it goes on the lids. But I have not made a whole-day-long-wearing test with it yet, so only after that I'll know if I really like it.  
 
Conclusion: A perfect palette with all the basic natural colours you need.

Have a nice day :-)...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment