Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Clarisonic Mia

I was eyeing this piece of "beauty electronics" for quite a time and I've finally made the decision and got it. I read a fair deal of reviews before actually ordering it online. The reviews were usually very positive, so I finally gave up to my vanity :-). 


The Clarisonic Mia is - according to the producer - a "professional-caliber sonic skin care for cleansing", that "cleanses so well that products absorb better, pores appear smaller, and fine lines and wrinkles appear reduced". The Mia comes with a small tube of cleansing lotion, but you can use it basically with any non-abrasive cleansing lotion. 



What is my so-far experience with it? I use it every night to get rid of make-up. I used to use it twice a day for the first three days, but I think it makes my skin too dry. My skin is generally on the dry side and I've found out, that cleansing it with Mia twice a day makes it very dry. On the other hand, I like the feeling of a really clean skin, which it definitely brings.

It's very user friendly. The first battery charging takes 24 hours and should deliver about 20 minutes of operating before the next charging is needed. So after a week or so, I still don't need to recharge.
After switching it on, the brush head starts to vibrate and while you go over the skin's surface, it cleanses it. It stops to vibrate after one minute and you're done. I think it's very important to apply a good moisturiser after each treatment. 

I can't say whether it improves my skin yet -  I've been using it for a too short time so far. I don't have any problems with enlarged pores, but my skin tone is not really even, so that's what I'd like to see improved. I'll test it for some time and write more about my experiences.

Have a nice weekend :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment