Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Saturday, 6 November 2010

Paris, Je t'aime

I've been to Paris. I always wanted to go to Paris. I thought the city has to be beautiful - and I wasn't wrong :-). Here are a couple of pics that - for me - show what Paris feels like.






There is a street not far from the Arc de Triomphe called after my home-city :-).  


Of course, I couldn't leave Paris without getting a couple of make-up products :-). There is Sephora on Avenue des Champs Élysées, where I spent a fair amount of time. I'll blog about some of the products I have purchased in the near future.

And I would like to begin with Urban Decay's Book of Shadows Vol. III.




This photo made with flash makes the colours look more accurate.

The colours are really pretty. There are some great neutrals perfect for a natural look or a smoky eye, but also a couple of blues and greens to create more adventurous looks.

Perversion (black - the only matte colour among them), Uzi (white with glitters), Loaded (shimmery deep green), Kush (shimmery grass green):

Midnight Cowboy Rides Again (champagne with glitters), Last Call (shimmery plum), Rockstar (shimmery violet) and Money (silver-green metallic) :

Haight (turquoise-y blue with shimmer finish), Maui Wowie (shimmery champagne-gold with glitters), Smog (bronze-y shimmery brown) and Bordello (cool pink with shimmer finish and with subtle glitters):
 
Radium (shimmery electric blue), Snatch (warm pink with glitters), Suspect (champagne-camel shimmer), Psychedelic Sister (electric violet with shimmer finish):

The blues that look so similar here, are in fact different in their undertones - Haight is on the turquoise side, while Radium is an electric blue. Smog can be found in the Naked palette as well.  

I am realy happy with this purchase. I especially love Last Call, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Bordello, Loaded and Money. Well, in fact,  there is not one colour I wouldn't use or really like. Even the very bright colours (like the blues) can be toned down with natural shades like browns, if you are more of a natural make-up person. 

The two eye pencils in colours Zero (black) and Ransom (violet), as well as a mini version of Primer Potion are a nice addition to all the eyeshadows. 
Overall I can really recommend this palette to everyone who likes to use neutral colours, but also enjoys more vibrant and adventurous tones. You can create every look you like with this one - from serious to fun.  

À bientôt ;-)...

No comments:

Post a Comment