Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Thursday, 6 January 2011

My Love Affair With Kryolan

I've heard about the Kryolan cosmetics before, but the only resource of this brand  for me was the internet (as the majority of cosmetic products I buy) and I've never come to actually purchasing it. Until now. I have discovered a shop in my city where they actually sell this German brand's products and I coudn't resist trying it out. And I am happy I did, since everything I've got is just AMAZING.

Kryolan is a brand which focuses especially on profesional make-up products used in theaters, TV and the movie industry, but as I understand it, they are trying to bring the brand's products closer to clients of the beauty industry like you and me as well.

I started my Kryolan (already) obsession with just three single eyesadows and a jar of face powder, but as soon as I've tried them out I knew I would go back for more.

These eyeshadows are probably the best I've ever tried. They are beautifully soft, go easily on, are perfectly blendable and the color payoff is super. The price is great too - about 3 Euros per an eyeshadow refill. All in all, I think they are AMAZING. 
This is the first trio I bought - I bought them as  refills and put them right in a 15 pcs palette, which I purchased with them for about 10 Euros.

The picture is not one of the best, but from left to right, these are:
Dusk, Aubergine and Eggplant, all in a matte finish:


Dusk all-over the lid, Eggplant in the crease, Aubergine on the lower lid:


So, after I tried these, I was really excited about my new cosmetic discovery and had to go back for more. I concentrated on the refills and the shop was right before a new delivery, so they didn't have everything in stock, but I came home with 9 more shades.

Upper row, from left ro right: Mauve, Beach, TV Brown - all in matte finish,
Lower row, from left to right: Copper (shimmery) and Cherrywood (matte):


Top row - Moon Dust (matte),
Lower row  - (I don't know the name of the one on the left) and Romantic - both matte:


Romantic all over the lid, Copper, Cherrywood and Eggplant in the crease, Beach in the inner corner:



Violet - matte finish:


The powder I've purchased is a translucent anti-shine powder (under 10 Euros) which is supposed to keep your face shine-free for long hours throughout the day. 
It really does what it promises - the only area that was not totally shine-free at the end of my day was my nose. Otherwise, I didn't have to reapply the powder during the whole day. 


The last Kryolan item I bought so far is a concealer in the shade No. 1. I really love it too - it reminds me of my all-time favorite under-eye concealer/highlighter Touche Éclat from Yves Saint Laurent. It has a light consistence, can be applied very smoothly and costs under 6 Euros, which is just another great plus. 

Overall, I am VERY IMPRESSED with the quality of this cosmetics. I am definitely going to buy a foundation, some other eyeshadows (they have a wide range of cream eyeshadows as well) and probably more from this brand, since I REALLY LOVE everything I've got from Kryolan so far. 

I sometimes do make-up for other people (I am not a professional make-up artist or anything, but it's just one of the things I can do) and two of my friends asked me to do their bridal make-up the upcoming summer. And I think I will use these eyeshadows on them, since I really like how nicely they can be blended and I think they can hold the whole day and night.

I don't know if you can see my excitement from these lines, but I am already looking forward to what Kryolan has next to offer :-).

See you later :-)!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Zuzana, could you tell me when you bought these products? thank you!

    I am leaving my email here emeconemeblog @ gmail.com

    Thank you again!! XX

    ReplyDelete