Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Monday, 8 August 2011

Wedding, Vacation and Some Beauty Products (pic heavy)

I had been very busy lately. I married my bf in July and since I was preparing and creating myself the majority of the decorations for the wedding, like sewing decorative tablecloths, ringbearer pillow, garters, napkin rings and creating other stuff, I didn't have much time to blog :-/. It was really fun, I also think the result was worth all the work and I enjoyed the creative process a lot, but it was very time-consuming and exhausting.

I only have a couple of the professionally made pics from the wedding so far (I'll get the rest soon) and some made by my friends, so if you'd be interested, some of them are here...






The style of the wedding was a combination of shabby chic, damask and a little bit of Paris :-). The color scheme black, white, magenta, baby pink and off white. The little bows and napkin circles etc are actually in magenta color, but since the after-ceremony part of the wedding took place in a garden under wedding tents, the shadow shows the color somehow reddish in the pics.










I hope to get a better picture of the cake from our professional photographer, since the roses had the perfect fuchsia/magenta color, which doesn't show here. The bakery had done a perfect job - the cake was exactly how I imagined/described it and it was delicious as well.



Now I'm back from vacation in Croatia and Italy and I feel all motivated and prepared to blog, so we might be seeing us more often ;-)...


In Venice, Italy:








Vodice, Croatia:

Šibenik, Croatia:



Funtana, Croatia:

Pula, Croatia:


You might get the impression I love taking pictures of sunsets... ;-)

So now, since this is a beauty and fashion blog and not a photo album, (sorry for that picture-loaded part :-P), let me show you some beauty products I treated myself to lately. These are from the older MAC collections (I bought them in an outlet store), but I like them all the same. 

MAC Mega Metal eyeshadow - Sex-pectations:


...photorgaphed with flash:

... no flash and in comparison with (from left to right) - Kryolan Cranberry, Stars Make-up Heaven Shimmerbrick, Peggy Sage Cuivre Egyptien, MAC Sex-pectations:



... on my eyelids:



I've talked about my tiny;-) obsession with plum/cranberry/burgundy eyeshadows before, so it is probably no surprise, that this particular MAC eyeshadow made its way right into my eyeshadow stash. It has got a light metallic touch, nothing too-much-screamin'-into-your-face, so it can be pretty much office-approprtiate when toned down with some other neutral colors.

Another MAC product I purchased and LOVE already is this bronzer/blush trio. The colors are really lovely. Very subtle, muted, porcelain-like, but buildable.




... I mixed both blush colors (far left finger and far right finger) for my cheeks:



Have a lovely week and see you soon :-)!


No comments:

Post a Comment