Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Sunday, 11 September 2011

Essence and L'oreal Haul

Recently I've discovered a YouTuber called I believe Erna (her channel's called MeinJadore) - a very sweet and beautiful girl, who uses quite a lot of products from Essence - a German brand of drugstore cosmetics. (If you speak German, check her out!) Their products are not expensive and one can sometimes think, that it would influence the quality, but as I'm thinking about it now, I have never bought an Essence product, that wouldn't be good. I use their eyebrow filler, eyebrow pencils, manicure products, bronzers (their mousse bronzer I got like 2 years ago is perfect)... and I use many of them on a daily basis. 

So, Erna inspired me to have a second look at some more of their products - and I am not disappointed. I bought 6 products, paid 15,84€ and I love all of them. I think I'll be back for some more that caught my eye but were left in the store.

Nail polishes:
From L to R: Most Wanted (66), Movin' On (69), Pixie Dust! (05), Hex hex! (02):


Pixie Dust for 2,29€ (without flash/flash):
This gold is beautiful. It is not that screaming-at-me fake gold, but an elegant and subtle golden shade.


Most Wanted for 1,80€ (without flash/flash):
Something between brown, purplish and muddy - the way I like my nail polishes to be :-).


Movin' On for 1,79€ (without flash/flash):
Lovely and elegant lightly muddy grey-ish shade. I'd call it oatmeal without the brown flecks...


Hex Hex! for 2,29€ (without flash/flash):
Strong gunmetal grey, a great Fall color.


I love this look - every nail a different color, but all in these earthy shades...



This is a powder highlighter. It's in the color 01 Summer Glow (which says me there has to be maybe another color, but it wasn't in the store anymore). I think this is a limited edition product, meant for Summer. It's very finely milled and I think it will be great for highlighting cheekbones or under eyebrows... Retails for 3,79 for 6g. 


Photographed with flash:

The last Essence product I've got is this allover shimmer powder in the color 02 Miami Heat for brunettes and darker skin (3,88€). The colors are so nice - warm browns, golds and a pink. Although I prefer to use matte products on my cheeks, this can be used on eyes, or even a body and I like the color so much that it just ended up in my shopping bag. 
 

Photographed with flash:

The last thing I've got were these two L'oreal Infaillible eyeshadows. I've already got three of these at home (I blogged about two of them here). I wanted to get a purple one, but as I spotted these two LE shades, I've changed my mind (I'll get the purple one another time anyway :-P...). These colors are gorgeous

021 Sahara Treasure, 024 Bronze Goddess - in all the pictures Sahara Treasure is on the left side, except of the one in the right lower corner:

The colors are very pigmented and I couldn't not buy them, even though they were something around 12,95 € a pop. They are amazing (at least at the back of my hand so far :-).

Photographed with flash:

Which inexpensive cosmetics brand, where the products are of a good quality, do you like?

1 comment:

  1. Loving the nail polishes,

    New Follower! We cordially invite you to visit the UnderCoverStyleLover blog for all things celebrity fashion and quick fashion tips and tricks, hope to see you there. http://undercoverstylelover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete