Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Sunday, 11 March 2012

Lazy Sunday It Is

Cloudy and rainy. 

Latte Machiatto to lift my spirits.


Just a few things I picked up from a drugstore. Once again, I had no intention to shop for cosmetics, but, oh well... :-) The good part - I like all the products I managed to try out so far.


John Frieda Luxurious Volume Mousse - it works. You need just an amount in the size of a walnut or two, massage it into damp hair roots and style hair as needed. I don't use a hairdryer much, so after washing my hair in the evening, I just pull my entire hair into a ponytail on top of my head, go to sleep and have the volume in the morning. 
I was quite sceptical about this product at first (can it be that better to justify its higher price?), since I didn't want to cash out 10€ for a drugstore volumizing mousse that can normally cost a third of this price, but since I feel somehow partial towards John Frieda products (good experience there!), I gave in and I'm glad I did.

Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer, No. 15 - is a great product. I still love YSL Touche Éclat for my under-eye circles, but this one is a winner as well. Creamy consistence, well blendable, doesn't dry overly quickly, so easy to work with. Two thumbs up!

Maybelline Fit Me! Face Powder, Nr. 220 - this face powder is no miracle, I still love my Max Factor Translucent powder, but I needed another powder to carry around with me and this one matches my skin tone. Maybelline instructions say, that the same foundation and powder color numbers should fit one skin tone, but although I wanted to try the foundation as well, no shade really fitted me. Not even the 220. Also, concealer Nr. 22 should fit my skin tone if I wear the number 220 powder/foundation, but that was not the case either. Having said that, it is a good product, that can take care of an unwanted shine. And has a mirror insde, which comes pretty handy.

Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstain in Tender Rose - this color looks nothing like the pale rose plastic cover of the marker, so if buying these, be sure to swatch a tester. Otherwise, it is a fun product. It is literally a lipmarker that stains lips with color which penetrates the lips and doesn't stay atop like a lipstick. I quite like the idea, since it doesn't smear like a lipstick and looks more natural. Like lips stained from eating fresh raspberries. The obligatory step before application - moisturizing. If the lips are dry, it stains the dry parts darker than the rest of the lips. It's quite durable (once, the color sticked to my lips until the next day, no matter how much I tried to get rid of it :-)).


IQ kajal pencil in Indigo Blue 3 - I just wanted a dark blue eye-pencil and this one was the right shade. It has this little rubbery thingy on the other side to smudge the color for a smokey eye effect. 


OPI Nail Polish in Are We There Yet? - I haven't worn this one yet, so I don't know about its effect on nails, but it looks like a very pretty coral with tiny glitters for an overall shimmery effect. I feel like this is a perfect Summer color, so I don't feel like wearing it just yet, because the weather is not warm and it's rainy outside. I am not there yet ;-)...

Maybelline Lipstick Natural Rosewood, Nr. 670 - I saw my colleague wearing this, liked it and bought it when having the chance. Its a mixture of pink and brown, quite a subtle natural color for everyday wear. Can't swatch it now, since it's dark outside and I need daylight to get the best results :-), but I'll do that asap. 

One more thing that is not pictured here and was brought home with me is yet another hairstyler (as if I needed more...). Since now I've got quite a share of different hairstylers and have really good experience with a lot of them (using them on a daily basis), I plan a mini-series of reviews and ways of use them / results they give. 

If interested, check back later :-)...

No comments:

Post a Comment