Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Review: Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers

I was in the market for a set of hot rollers for some time now. Since I have good experience with hot styling tools from Remington, I was looking at some Remington rollers sets. Until I first read about the Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers.  

I think I first read about these on Laura's blog and the product's description left a good impression on me. So I started to look for them on the internet, but the few sellers who had them Europe-wide were only in the UK, no international shipping available. Well, there was one possibility - to get them from John Lewis with a special international shipping option, but the shipping cost would be nearly as high as the price of the product, making it a no real option for me.

So I was extremely happy as I found out, that Amazon.co.uk got these rollers recently and ships them internationally! The shipping was extremely fast - I used a standard (no extra fast) shipping option and I had them in my hands in less than 48 hours. Since these have really good reviews all over the internet, I couldn't wait to try them out. 

Here's my review:

Specs:
- duo heat technology - rollers emit heat from the inside
- butterfly clips with metal plates to emit heat from the outside of hair strands as well
- moderate heat when in hands, high heat in the hair, cools in 10 minutes
- 10 medium and 10 large velvety rollers
- LED indicator shows when the rollers are prepared to be used (2 minutes)
- cord storage in the base of the heating unit (although I personally am not able to squeeze it in)

The hot rollers come in a big box. The box is actually about twice as big as the heating unit (case) with the rollers, but it helps to keep the product safe (especially during shipping). The packaging is - according to me - pretty and leaves an impression of a quality product.



The heating unit that carries the rollers gives quite a sturdy impression. It's quite heavy, all black, with a black see-through plastic cover.


The case carries 20 rollers. These are covered in velvet, ten of them with a diameter of about 2,3 cm and ten with a diameter of 3 cm.


There is a slit in each roller, which enables the roller to sit on a metal plate in the case, that carries the heat to each roller. 


The case carries all 20 rollers complete with butterfly clips.


From inside, the clips are equipped with metal plates that emit the heat also from the outside of the rolled hair strand.



When the case is plugged in the electricity, the word "Enrapture" lights up on the front side of the case.


About two minutes after switching the unit on, this indicator shows you the rollers are prepared to be used.


After the indicator shows the rollers are prepared, you switch the unit off and begin to use them. I once left the rollers to pre-heat for too long, more than 5 minutes and they were really hot to use - the plastic parts were so hot, that I had to use my heat protectant gloves that came with some Remington hot styling tools. But if you respect the 2 (maybe 3 or 4) minutes of heating time, they are warm, but not too hot to be touched with bare hands. 

When on head, the rollers are quite heavy. I have never had another set of rollers to compare these with, so maybe other rollers aren't really light either, but with a full head of these rollers, you can definitely feel them. I have quite a long hair and it usually takes about 16 to 17 rollers to cover all the strands. 

I use them in the morning, before doing my make-up and keep them in place for about an hour. The producer's instructions say 10 minutes are enough to let them cool and set the style, but if I have more than the 10 minutes, I leave them on my head for a longer time.

I use the bigger rollers on top of my head and at the crown, to get some volume. I was quite skeptical about this volume-thing, since my hair is quite long and the longer and heavier the hair, the harder to get and keep some volume in it. But I have to say, that these really do work well. I use volumizing mousse or spray on damp hair, let them dry throughout the night and in the morning, if the hair is still wet, I finish it with a bit of blowdrying. Then use the rollers. It's important to have the hair completely dried before using the rollers, since the style won't hold on wet hair.

I like the overall results. The one thing that bothers me is that the rollers don't fight the frizziness of my hair, like some hot styling tools with ceramic (and pearl) covering I use, but this can be probably solved by running a flat iron through the hair first and roll the strands after. 

Since one picture is worth a thousand words, let's have a look at the results:





The downside of these hot rollers is the price. They are pricier than other rollers with the price tag of 74.95 pounds (on Amazon), which (with shipping costs something under 8 pounds) cost me 101€. I don't regret getting them even for this price, but it is definitely something to consider when deciding to get the Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers.  

One last comment for those who would be interested in these. Since I've got these from the british Amazon web site, the plug is the british version, so if you live let's say in continental Europe, you'll need an adapter to use it (which I don't see as a problem, since they are available in every electro shop). But just so that you know...


The bottom line: 
I enjoy using the Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers. I find it quite convenient to curl my hair and let the curls set while I'm doing whatever else I need. They heat up very quickly, even quicker than the time I need to do my morning coffee, it takes me less than 15 minutes to cover the whole head with the rollers and I think the curls are pretty and naturally looking. No artificial ringlets. 
Truth is, that the price tag is something to be considered when making the decision if to get the product or not, but personally I don't regret the money spent on these, since I think I'll use them a lot. 

Do you have a product you would recommend, that maybe somehow pricey for what it is, you don't regret getting? 

Please, share.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love the results! And you are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The hot rollers are really good, I would recommend them any time :).

      Delete