Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Sunday, 1 July 2012

Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette

I haven´t planned to be absent from my blog for such a long time, but my laptop has died on me and I was hoping that the two repairs it went through would help, but they did not and I ended up empty handed (well, not really empty, but with a dead laptop). I hope to get a new one soon, because woking on a strange one is not such fun, especially while I accumulated quite a bunch of pretty good products to talk about.

So without any further crying over my loss, let´s go to my newest purchase. I was trying to get the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette for ages. I am very fond of the first version (blogged about it here) I´ve got it London´s Boots, but I couldn´t track down any website, which would offer shipping the second version to my country. But with some luck, I finally discovered one local retailer offering this palette - and voila, here it is. 



This second palette comes in a tin box, which I think is much more convenient than the first one covered in velvet. It has got a mirror inside, which is this time twice as large as in the original Naked palette, covering now the whole inside half of the palette.

The palette comes with a two-sided Good Karma brush with synthetic fibers, which I haven´t used so far. My original Naked palette had a two-sided 24/7 eye pencil inside (not the brush you can see on the urbandecay.com website). 

The Naked 2 palette consists of 12 eye-shadows. 

From l. to r.: Foxy, Half Baked (included in the original Naked as well), Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect
 


From l. to r.: Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout

The colors in the palette are very wearable and can create everything from a barely-there make-up effect to a dramatic smoky eye. I especially like the fact, that the black (Blackout) is this time a matte color (in comparison to Creep in original Naked), since I use matte black a lot lately to give some depth to nearly any crease color and outer eye corners. I haven´t used all the eye-shadows in the palette yet, but from what I see and have used, I like YDK very much, because it brightens eyes nicely - you can experience some fallout with it, but I use this trick to overcome any "harm". Toasted from the original Naked palette is very close to it. The shade Pistol is a very pretty greyish color, but if you own the original Naked, Gunmetal comes very close to it, the only difference being, that Pistol has some taupe undertones in it, whereas Gunmetal is more cold silvery grey. 

In fact, there are twin colors in Naked 2 for a couple of shades in Naked. The next couples could be Snakebite (N2) and Smog, Busted (N2) and Hustle, Suspect (N2) and Sidecar, Bootycall (N2) and Virgin.

Smog, Snakebite, Busted, Hustle, Suspect, Sidecar, Bootycall, Virgin
I haven´t used the brush yet, so I can´t say anything about it so far, except that it has got synthetic fibers.


The Naked palette comes with a small version of Naked Lip Junkie lip gloss. It´s pink, looks quite sheer on  lips, is not sticky, but holds nicely. It is a nice addition to the palette, but I would prefer the get the UD Primer Potion, since this is an eye-shadow palette and that would be a more logical combination.

Having said this all, if you have got the original Naked palette and you are thinking about getting the Naked 2, but are not quite sure, you see that there are a couple of colors that you in fact already have in the original version. Half Baked is included in both versions and there are about 6 other shades that come very close to each other. Looking at it from this perspective, you don´t need it. On the other hand, if you like to have some variations, more possibilities and you feel like these minor differences in the shades together with the other eye-shadows are worth having the Naked 2, you might be happy with the purchase. 

Have a nice week :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment