Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Monday, 18 February 2013

H&M Says Spring

I am quite an impulsive shopper. There are rather fewer than more occasions when I shop by a plan or go shopping to get a particular piece of clothing. 

Hm. That might pretty much explain my overflowing closet...

Anyway, if I go into a store, see something that just has my name all over it, I do pretend in the changing room that I'm thinking hard about getting it or not, but deep down I already know it's going home with me.

A couple of days ago while passing by an H&M store, I didn't mean to go in or buy anything, but this store has a kind of an "open door policy" - the entry into this store is so wide and open and inviting, that you can see some of their stuff without a need to go in :). 

Sounds like something from the "Shopaholic" movie...

Not that I wouldn't know about these successful business tricks. Well, they work... :). So I was sucked into the store by a look at this woven coat.

The lined woven coat. The coat shell is made of 90% cotton and 10% polyester mix. I find the high share of cotton makes this coat a good purchase in a world where even high-end brands give big price tags on polyester clothes. The coat has got a faux leather piping, tabs at shoulders and cuffs and a front zip and front pockets with some snaps. I think it is one of the pieces that look more expensive than they actually are.


The jacket. The jacket is made of thick jersey, is fully lined and has got an interesting detail in form of a stitching on lapels. Since I am a sucker for everything navy themed and blue and white stripes in particular, I had to have it. It screams Summer at me.

I only spotted the small faux leather bag while walking to the cash desk with the coat and the jacket. It was the last one hanging there on a hook and so I understood it as a definite signal, that it was only waiting for me to become mine. Hm? Oh, come on, I bet pretty things in shops speak to you as well ;)...
The bag is not a high-quality product, the faux leather feels a bit rubbery, but I think it looks better than it feels and can make a plain outfit look more interesting. BTW, neon colors are still a hot trend of the upcoming Spring :).

There is not much to say about the necklace. I just love big statement necklaces and this one made it to my shopping bag as well. I especially like the neon orange-y details.


woven coat with faux leather details (here)
double-breasted stripe jacket (here)
faux leather bag (here)
statement necklace



 


Have you got anything lately that makes you think of Spring and Summer in the middle of February :)?

No comments:

Post a Comment