Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Saturday, 23 March 2013

Rainbow Rainboots

Subscribing to newsletters from shops can be pretty dangerous for your wallet, I tell you. The Crocs website is offering 25% off on all items (excluding Jibbitz, to be precise here) and free shipping right now and I just couldn't discard the stupid email before falling in love with the RainFloe boots.

I found the Kelly green ones just perfect to bring a bit of froggy-colored sunshine to a rainy day :). But before ordering, I just wanted to be sure, that the color is as pretty as shown on the Crocs website, so I googled to see some homemade pictures for verification. Unfortunately, it was pretty hard to find such a picture of them, but I stumbled upon these on Jana's blog and I loved the color "Pomegranate" immediately, which looked much more vibrant than on the Crocs website. 

A dilemma was born :). 

Before I carry on with this very exciting story (will she get the green?, or the pink?, green?!, pink?! :D) I'd like to mention one lady I once saw on a German reality TV show. This woman used to buy two pieces of every piece of clothing she was getting. She explained, that she was one of twin sisters who were adopted by different families, never met afterwards and because she had not found the sister since, she keeps buying these things in pairs just for the case...

In fact, quite a sad story, but I sometimes act like this woman. I just never had a twin sibling... It's annoying, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

So I've got them both and justified my decision with the sale prices and free shipping, which in fact saved me quite a lot of money. Of course, not as much as not buying any rain boots or only one pair, since I already have e. g. these and these (pulling a guilty face). 

I am a bit disappointed with one thing about the pink pair though. Since I have the Crocs Berryessa winter boots in the size 37,5 (W7) I ordered both pairs in this size as well. Of course, that because these don't have any fur inside, they are less snug than the warmer ones. BUT the pink pair I've got is a bit looser than the green one and therefore not as comfortable to walk in as I'd expect. In fact, I could have gone for a smaller size, but who could have known... I was thinking about sending them back and getting another (maybe a smaller) pair, but I think I will wear them with shoe inserts to make them more fitted.

Crocs RainFloe Boots in Kelly Green
Crocs RainFloe Boots in Pomegranate

And what about you? 
Do you have any strange shopping habits that annoy you?

No comments:

Post a Comment