Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Monday, 6 May 2013

Oh My GOSH Ocean Club

I like the effect a glitter nail polish can create on nails, but I just hate removing it from them. The glitters also look always much better packed in the little bottle, than rather sparingly applied on nails (even in two layers), so I usually avoid glitters on my nails, even though I like the look for some occasions.

I´ve got this little bottle of OH MY GOSH nail polish from GOSH in the color Ocean Club (037) imagining my nails looking the same as the nail polish inside. So when it came to applying it to my nails, I just didn´t count the layers and kept layering it on, focusing on every bare spot on a nail, until it looked at least close to what I had on my mind (and in the bottle). I had to use something like one third of the 5ml bottle on a single manicure :).
I used Essie Rock Solid sheer nail polish to cover every (approx.) two layers of the glittery one (and as a base on one of my hands (I was just too impatient to use it when applying on the first hand :)). 

As I was layering it on, I was already dreading the day it would have to go off. I just hate it, when the glitters don´t want to get off and are all over the place on the cotton pads, the cotton pads "glued" to my nails...
I am not sure if it was the rich layering, the sheer nail polish layers or the quality of the Essie polish itself, but this time it came off as a dream. In fact, I didn´t have to use a nail polish remover until the very end for a couple of stray glitters, because the nail polish peeled off easily in one solid piece and I only had to remove a couple of last glitters.

The bottom line: I like everything about this nail polish and seeing how easy it can be to get it off, I can see myself wearing glitter nail polish more often now :). Of course, that it´s not an office space approved nail polish, but it´s just great for weekends and holidays or just to feel cheerier if you like looking at glittery nails as I do :). The bonus of glitters on nails - if the lacquer chips, you just add some more glitters to the needed spot and voil√†, the nails look as new again :).


Any recommendations for a pretty glitter nail polish? And have you got any foolproof tips to make it look great and get off easily :)? 


No comments:

Post a Comment