Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Friday, 7 June 2013

Dune Suede and Leather Wedge Trainers

The reasons to wear wedge trainers:
1) you like to wear high heels, but
2) you like comfortable shoes and possibly, but not necessarily
3) you like to wear the latest trends.
 
As I was in my late teens and early twenties, I barely ever wore flat shoes. I was a complete high heels fan and there was a time when my only pair of trainers were a 1997 version of black and white wedge trainers (no, the wedge trainer is not this year's invention :) and I wouldn't have worn a classic trainer outside a gym if my life was dependent on it. Well, maybe if it was a matter of life and death, but that would have been the only reason :).

Fast forward to the present.

I still like wearing high heels, but I feel like the discomfort that they sometimes bring along with them is not aaalways worth it. Whoaaaa, I must be getting old :D. 

The solution - wedge trainers :). They are still (or again) my answer to the need for high heels, comfort and style at the same time.

I've got this pair of Dune wedge trainers from John Lewis online and while I first wanted to get them in the color "tan", they were sold out in my size, so I settled for these grey ones. I wouldn't call it grey though, because they are something between taupe, nude, white coffee and grey, if it makes any sense :). For those who would be interested in them, I found them on the Debenhams website as well.

The first time I wore them I didn't feel like they are the most comfortable shoes in the world. The wedge part was not the problem, but they are not very soft from inside. After a couple of days I still think they are not the most comfortable shoes in the world, but they are stylish high-heeled shoes that are pretty comfortable to walk in and I love wearing them so far. I wear them with jeans, a T-shirt and a blazer or cardigan for a put-together, but still laid-back look.

If you would like to know where to buy a pair that looks awesome, is half that expensive and twice as comfortable as the Dune ones, stay tuned :)...

source

 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, they are quickly becoming one of my favorites :).

      Delete