Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Saturday, 22 June 2013

Topshop Jewellery Haul

In one of my recent posts I mentioned how I liked this season's Topshop jewellery. I liked a couple of pieces so much that I ended up ordering them. The success was only partial this time. I ordered seven pieces, but two of them found their way back to the store, especially because their quality was not what I expected it to be.

This pink/gold/grey/rhinestone collar is pretty and quite well made according to my humble opinion. It might look heavy, but since it's all plastic, it's very lightweight, so it won't cause me  neck pain after a day on :). It looks like a pink version of something from a toolbox, which makes it pretty in my eyes - sharp shapes in sweet colours :).
This gold and rhinestone chain bracelet also looks heavier than it is. It definitely has something to do with the quality of these jewellery pieces generally, because the parts that look like metal are in majority made of plastic. Having said that, I like the bracelet and I am tempted to get a matching necklace.
These earrings remind me of chainsaw. I was drawn to them because of the rose gold and edgy shape. I don't think I own anything else that makes me look so tough and dangerous as these earrings do :D.
This green and gold stone and spike chain bracelet is one of the sturdier pieces from my Topshop jewellery haul. The downside - I have worn it once so far and I already had to fix the chain in one place. Other than that, just avoid unaware and too wild gestures around your face...;).
This set of silver, yellow gold and rose gold spike and rhinestone bracelets belongs to a kind of a basic "equipment" in the bracelet world (if there was something like a bracelet world:). The one thing that needs to be said at this point is, that I took this picture after reducing their size (except for the rhinestone one), because they were just too big for my wrists and I think this kind of bracelets look better when not dangling along the whole underarm. (BTW, the set is on sale now.)
Let's get to the disappointment pieces from my purchase. They were two and both are already on their way back to the store. I only managed to take a picture of one of them - namely this rhinestone and spike bracelet. I was quite excited about this piece when placing my order - the bracelet looked very sturdy, well made and like "a piece of something". I don't want to say that it wasn't quite good looking, but the quality of the bracelet disappointed me, especially for its price of 46€. I very much liked the neon yellow colour combined with spikes and rhinestones, but as you can see in the picture, three of the spikes were already broken upon arrival (number 3 and 7 in the upper row, number 7 in the lower row) and I don't think that the part of the bracelet on the left side (low - a spike, up - no spike) would look very carefully made. Another thing that wasn't quite as I'd like to have it - it was just too loose around my wrist and for such a heavy piece of jewellery, it didn't look good or feel very wearable. If you like it anyway, it's on sale now :)!

That would be it for today. I just can't risk writing another paragraph of this post, because it might begin with the word "this" or "these" again and that would be just one too many in my honest opinion ;).

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment