Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle Blog

Sunday, 28 July 2013

July 2013 Favorites: Beauty Products


Without any unnecessary commentary, here are my July 2013 most used and favorite beauty products. Some of these have a chance to make it onto my can't-live-without list :):

Dermacol Caviar Long Stay Make-up and Corrector - from the whole bunch, I am probably most excited about this product. Dermacol is a Czech cosmetics brand and I did not pay much attention to it so far, but the truth is, that any product I have ever used from them has never disappointed me. I have got this foundation (with a corrector placed under its lid) about a month ago and I LOVE it. It covers very nicely, stays in place pretty long even in high temperatures and gives a beautifully non-shiny complexion. It costs around 13€, which is a complete bargain, especially in this quality. It has very quickly become one of my very favorite foundations, if not the favorite one... The down side - it only comes in four shades, but I was lucky enough that one of them is a perfect match for my skin tone.

Dermacol Lift & Matt Day Cream - I use this as a cream and primer in one. It has a nice smooth texture, evens out the skin texture and I think it helps the foundation to stay put and without any unwanted shine. It also promises to moisturize skin with first signs of aging, but I especially use it to achieve a better base for my foundation.

Dermacol Aqua Beauty - this is a moisturizing gel cream and it works really well. I use it often in place of the Origins GinZing cream (among my June 2013 favorites) I have got recently, because I feel like the results they deliver are very similar, but I don't want to go through the Origins one too quickly, since it's not easily available where I live.

Dermacol Aroma Ritual shower gels and body lotions - I just LOVE the smell of these. These are pistachio, black cherry and Belgian chocolate with orange and I want to eat them every time I take a shower. Every shower gel has got its beautifully smelling body lotion counterpart. 

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser/Body Conditioner for dry skin - this is a genius product for such a lazy person as me, because I just can't bring myself to use a body lotion after every shower, but my skin is rather on the dry side, so I definitely should. I use it after using a regular shower gel while still in the shower, rinse off and that's it. The skin is instantly moisturized with no stickiness like after some body lotions and I will repurchase this over and over, because it's the only way to bring me to use body lotion on a regular basis. If you dicede to get it as well, go for the bigger (400 ml) size, because it is used up quite quickly.

Schwarzkopf got2b Schmusekatze Anti-Frizz Hairspray (a.k.a. Smooth Operator Smoothing Hairspray) - I used to use the anti-frizz lotion with the same name, which was one of my favorite hair lotions and I stumbled upon a matching hairspray a couple of months ago. Even though I like to use the famous L'oreal Paris Elnett hairspray, I have tried this one out and I think it's very much on a par with the Elnett hairspray. I even prefer to use the Schwarzkopf right now. It is not as sticky as most of the hairsprays and it's quite easily brushed out from hair.

Schwarzkopf got2b Öl-la-la Styling Oil Spray (a.k.a. Oil-licious Dry Oil Hair-taming Mist) - the producers has probably heard me moaning about all the access oil I am able to get into my hair when pouring it from a bottle into my hand and than trying to distribute it somehow into my hair, so here is a spray version of a hair oil, thank-you-very-much. The misty texture is fine enough to let you spray just a small amount of the oil on the hair, so you don't end up with gross-looking shiny hair with no volume whatsoever.
 
GOSH Intense Eye Liner Pen (in black and purple) - I could really kick myself for not using this brand's products more often. I use their waterproof Velvet Touch Eye Liners religiously, but I have never paid much attention to some of their other products. Which is a mistake, because these eyeliners with sharp felt tips are pretty easy to use (even though I don't find them as intense on the eyes as when swatched on a hand) and are able to paint a nice sharp line. I am using another GOSH product right now (needs some more testing :) and it might end up on my August favorites list.

Schwarzkopf Schauma Cotton Fresh dry shampoo - I have been recently using this dry shampoo most often from all the dry shampoos I have. It's nicely fresh and it doesn't come out as white as the majority of dry shampoos. It probably won't beat my favorite Batiste XXL Volume, but this one is easy to get here  (unlike the Batiste one) and it does the job. So I am going through the second bottle right now...

If you have any July favorite beauty products you would be willing to recommend or share, please let me know in the comments.

Until next time... :).

No comments:

Post a Comment